Virgin Mary Church
The Virgin Mary Church if Ardabil was once where the Armenian inhabitants of the city worshiped. The exact age of the church is not known but the date 1876 has been inscribed above its door. The church is a rectangular structure with an umbrella-shaped dome. Lightwells under the dome provide lighting for the structure.
The church once included a bathhouse and a schoolhouse but no trace of either structure remains today. In 1944, the Armenian families of Ardabil held their last mass in this church before immigrating to Tabriz and Tehran.
In 1991, the Armenian religious authority of Azarbaijan Province donated the church to the Cultural Heritage Office of Ardabil. The church was renovated using popular donations and is now used as a venue for cultural events.