Moshir-ol-Molk Caravanserai or the Borazjan Fortress is a Qajar era (1785–1925) structure with Zand era (1750-1794) architecture. Built in 1872 for a Qajar politician named Mirza Abolhassan Khan Moshir-ol-Molk, this structure is made of stone, gypsum and Sarooj (mix of lime and clay) and has made use of large stone slabs for flooring.
There is a massive wooden door in the west wing of the caravanserai which led to its main courtyard. On the second floor of the west wing there is a Shahneshin (spacious living room area) with a terrace facing the street. Stairways on both sides of this Shahneshin connect the roof of the structure to the Andarouni area used by women and children.
The caravanserai has four towers and is built over a 7,000 square meter area. This structure had 68 rooms and chambers where travelers from Shiraz to Bushehr could stop and rest until 1922 when it was still used as a caravanserai.
The structure was used to house military personnel from 1922 to 1957. Moshir-ol-Molk Caravanserai was turned into a prison in 1957 and was used for this purpose until 1999. During this time the caravanserai came to be known as the Borazjan Fortress.
In recent times, local authorities have been trying to establish an Anthropology Museum in this caravanserai. Moshir-ol-Molk Caravanserai was registered as a National Heritage site in 1984.